Washington, DC - Today, JTR Strategies Founder Jenny Rosenberg moderated the opening panel for the ABA Forum on Air and Space Law: 2021 Virtual Update Conference. The panel titled, "How Will Congress and the Biden Administration Move Aviation Policy Forward in 2021?" A detailed memo and background on the panel can below.
The panel reviewed and analyzed federal legislative measures that addressed the impact of COVID-19 on the aviation industry including the Payroll Support Program (PSP) which was included in H.R. 748, the CARES Act, and H.R.133 the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021. Panelists also discussed the latest proposal for airline, contractor, manufacturer, and airports assistance in the Biden administration’s stimulus package, and whether more aid will be needed in late 2021. In addition, panelists will discuss the possibility of a major federal infrastructure investment in the coming years, progress on the implementation of the FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018, and new entrants in aviation.
Panel participants included:
• Mike Tien, Senior Counsel, United States House of Representatives Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, Washington, DC
• Mike Reynolds, Deputy Policy Director for Aviation and Space, United States Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, Washington, DC
• Christa Lucas, Senior Vice President of Government Affairs, National Business Aviation Association, Washington, DC
• Dave Semanchik, Senior Attorney, Air Line Pilots Association, Washington, DC
• Rachel Devine, VP - Legal & Policy, Boom Supersonic, Washington, DC
The ABA Forum’s conferences and other activities serve as the one-stop shop for attorneys interested in all aspects of domestic and international air and space law, as well as regulatory issues arising from governmental entities such as FAA, DOT, NASA and EASA. More on the Forum's 2021 Annual Update Conference can be found here.